Monday, February 22, 2010

you did it to me...

Have you ever read the Gospel and like, totally not got the message? That is definitely not the issue with today's Gospel. Today is pretty much in your face. The whole Gospel brought down to five words... At least that's what Mother Teresa used to say sticking out her hand and counting off the words one by one, "You - did - it - to - me!" You fed me, you clothed me, you visited me, you took me into your home... and not just physically either. Today I was reading The Imitation of Christ and came across these words, "It is dire poverty to live without Christ. Anyone who possesses Christ possesses great wealth."

What does that mean for us today? Is there anyone who finds himself poor and without Christ in your life? Feed him Christ. Clothe him with Christ. Shelter him with Christ. Let Christ visit him and be with him in you. Perhaps this person is neither poor nor sick on the outside, but inside it may be a different story. Be Christ for him or her. Be one with Christ. For they are one with Christ, and together we become one with Christ... (That'd make a good "incarnation" for any of you who know what that is: I am one with Christ, they are one with Christ, we are one with Christ... I like it! If you don't know what an incarnation is, just imagine repeating this phrase over and over throughout the day with different emotions: joy, gratitude, peace, love, generosity, nobility, etc...)

God bless you,
Live from your heart,

Scott

PS. Thanks to all those who have told me how much they enjoy these and the little stories about how it has helped them...

No comments:

Post a Comment