Friday, February 26, 2010

first be reconciled...

Hey, we've made it to the second Friday of Lent already. How are your proposals going? Are you closer to God? more generous? more free from material pleasures? If you've been faithful to your commitments, then I bet you are... and even if the changes seem small now, they'll build on one another day after day until your life is transformed...

Here's another way Jesus gives us for having a new life: Go and be reconciled... Is there somebody you haven't apologized to in your life? Is there more than one? Let this Lent be the opportunity to let go of that burden. Let this be your chance to say, "I'm not willing to live like this any more. I deserve better. I'm tired of all this guilt and loneliness. The past is the past. I'm a different person now." That's the great adventure of receiving forgiveness. Let the other person know, "I love you, no matter what, and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make things better." Use Lent as an excuse if you have to, "Look, I'm doing some things for Lent and one of them is apologizing to the people I've hurt. Would you do me the favor of accepting this apology and knowing that I really do love you?" That's the power to transform your life, and who knows how many other lives...

God bless,
Live from your heart,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment