Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do you want to be healed?

So tell me, do you?

"Uh, well, you know, it's like..." Yeah, I know, I've got my stories too. What stories do you tell yourself about why something can't happen, why it can't work out? No, I'm serious. Stop for a minute and think. What's something that's messed up in your life right now, ok? What is the story you tell yourself about why it's messed up? Or better, what are the stories, right? because we've got more than one, don't we? Mine usually starts with, "Well, you know..." and then it goes on with things like "now isn't the right time. They wouldn't understand. They don't know me. What if they judge me? How can I be sure it'll all work out? What if something goes wrong?..." and it goes on and on, are you following me? I call these incantations (actually it's spelled in-can't-ations) or spells. We put a spell on ourselves. A hex. A curse. (PS. You could write some of yours down so you know what to avoid in the future. The best way is to say, "You know what you're right. Now I am the voice..." and then speak the truth about that situation.)

Jesus came to set us free, and he begins with a question: "Do you want to be healed?" We can go into our big long story (Note: I'm not here to point fingers. I do this all the time... but I'm getting better!), but the truth is, he is here in our lives right now to heal us. "Do you want to be healed?" Let that roll around in your brain today, and I'll talk with you guys again tomorrow...

God bless,
Live from your heart,

Scott

PS. Thanks for all the blog encouragement, and a special shout-out to the one who said "You=fabulous." I really appreciated it...

No comments:

Post a Comment